Event takes place at 10:00 AM on April 26, 2014.
DASH takes place in London on April 26, 2014
DASH (Different Area, Same Hunt) is a day-long puzzle hunt event that was introduced to London last year and returns this spring. Teams will compete against each others here and in over a dozen cities in the US.
Note: unlike other cities, London will not run the 'junior' track. This is because some of our locations are in pubs. When you register, please only select 'new' or 'experienced'.
Here's a list of things we want you to know about DASH in London:
- To sign up, visit the registration page. Your team should have 3 to 5 players. We only have space for 25 teams, who will be accepted first-come, first-served. Registration is open, as of 10am GMT on Friday, February 28.
- There is a fee of £25 (this covers materials and other expenses for us). After you register, a Paypal request for the fee will be sent to the email address you sign up with. (Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a different email address to be billed.)
- DASH involves some walking around (each puzzle is solved in a different location). DASH also happens rain or shine. In London on April 26, that means bring an umbrella.
- The starting location is TBA, but it will be somewhere in central London (Zone 1) (or maybe 2).
- The hunt will last you about 6 hours, so you should pack snacks, or lots of coupons for local restaurants, or, as a last resort, more money to buy food.
- We bring the puzzles but you must bring the kit! Pens, pencils, tape, and scissors are essential. A clipboard is nice too. The few pencils we'll have to loan out will have flimsy leads and you'll need to sharpen them with your teeth.
- Also, your team will need one smartphone to play! This isn't for Googling (although that IS allowed), but to keep track of your team's progress using ClueKeeper, the software we will use to run the hunt.
- If you're curious about what the puzzle experience is like, you can download old puzzles on the DASH website. You can also attend the next Puzzled Pint! Puzzled Pint is independent of DASH, but the puzzle style is very similar.
- We have a Twitter handle: playdashlondon. Updates show up there!
- We have an email address: email@example.com. Questions go here!
Hmmmm. Do you mean, "That's great and all but I'm so excited I want to help somehow!"? If so, that's wonderful! A few ways to help:
- Volunteer! You can join our ranks and help run the event on April 26. Brilliantly, you'll still get to participate in the hunt—by participating in the play test earlier.
- Play test! If you aren't free on April 26th, you can still solve the hunt at our playtest a bit earlier.
If you'd like to help, just get in touch by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.